IMEI means International Mobile Equipment Identity. IMEI can only be tweaked or changed on MTK ( MediaTek ) smartphones like Infinix, Opsson, Gionee, Tecno and other Chinese phones are MTK. This MTK (MediaTek) is a chip manufacturing company that based in Taiwan and regarded as fabless companies.
So if you want to tweak or change your IMEI Number, you have to follow up this tutorial below and you will definitely Tweak Or change your IMEI on your Android Device.
How To Tweak Or Change Your IMEI On Android Device
- Firstly, download and install MTK engineering by clicking here.
- Then tap on MTK Settings and navigate to CONNECTIVITY.
- Then select CDS INFORMATION and then Select RADIO INFORMATION.
- You can then select PHONE 1 or PHONE 2 (depending on the IMEI Sim you want to tweak or change).
- Then you will see AT+ and click on it, you will see four or six options will display;
SIM 1:- AT+EGMR=1,7," "
SIM 2:- AT+EGMR=1,10," "
- Then put your 15digits you want to tweak in the middle of the quotation marks "Your IMEI" e.g AT+EGMR=1,7,"354535445544333" and make sure there is no space between the IMEI and the quotation mark.
- Now tap on send AT command and reboot or set your phone on airplane mode and off airplane mode.
- Then check your IMEI Number by dialing *#06# and wow! It has changed.
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS AND SOLUTIONS OF TWEAKING OR CHANGING IMEI NUMBER
Question 1: I Sent The Send AT command But Says "this command is not allowed in userbuild"?
Answer: You just have to put space between the AT+ and the next symbol.
Question 2: How Can I Check My IMEI Number?
Answer: You check your IMEI Number by dialing *#06#
Question 3: How Can I Analyze My IMEI?
Answer: You can Analyse your IMEI by downloading IMEI Analyser then paste your IMEI Number and it will generate the valid one back for you.
Is it helpful? Do you encounter any problems or issues while trying to tweak your IMEI Number? Kindly ask more questions and if it works for you kindly share your experience!